Plymouth Writers Group (PWG) have announced an International Short Story Competition in conjunction with the English & Creative Writing Department of the University of Plymouth. This is a unique venture, in which entries are assessed and adjudicated by both the PWG and a team from the University.
The content is entirely at the discretion of the writer, with a maximum of 1500 words. £250 First Prize, £50 Second Prize, with the best 5 entries included in the PWG 2017 Anthology. Entries can be received from 1 November 2016, with a closing date of midnight on 31 January 2017, with an entry fee of £5.00. All submissions and payments are made online.
- Entries must be submitted in a Word format document, Times New Roman, double spaced and sent as an email attachment to: PWGCompetitions@Gmail.com.
- Payment of £5.00 must be made to: The Co-Operative Bank (Sort Code 08-92-50 on Account Number 67004366 and include the Reference Number 80034-PWG)
- Stories MUST be original works and any writers that either plagiarise any works or infringe the copyright of another author will be disqualified and will not be able to submit to future competitions
- Stories can be on any style, but must be written in English. News pieces, or articles will not be accepted
- The judges decisions are final and members of the Plymouth Writers’ Group may not enter the competition
- Entries are welcomed from all countries
- Payment MUST be received BEFORE entries are sent
The previous winners of the competion can be viewed by following this link